About Me

My photo
Zootsuitmama was my shopname, but I closed it a while back. Now I have entered a magic timemachine and live in a time warp of vintage and retro ... Join me.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thrifting in the Rain, Just thrifting in the rain...


Thought I'd show ya some of my deck. I am probably gonna change it, but right now, since I haven't had much time to rearrange, it's cabiny..I love these old signs. They remind me of going to the cabin at the lake when I was a kid.Pretty tacky, huh?!?

This old croquet set is cool mainly because of the lettering on it..All the pieces are there, if it ever stops raining, maybe we can play? PS - pay no attention to the ripped screen door, it's a future project!~
This is an oriental scarf I found tonight. Not much at the thrift stores. I did get several pieces of the "starburst" knives, forks and spoons. I also got a plaster pear for the kitchen. And this awesome (bad picture) cookbook from Cutco Cutlery! Very sixties.


6 comments:

Mick said...

we had a Croquet Set at the Casablanca Wayyyyyy back in the early days, B.D. to be exact! (Before Drive-In) Now that I think about it, I Have no idea what happned to it!

Vintage Coconut said...

Croquet is so fun it was one of my favorite games when I was a kid, I remember my Dad bought a set from a garage sale.
Love the cookbook!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Love the old radio. Every vintage lover needs a few!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Love the little campers and old croquet set! I love croquet, but it's so hilly in my city that it's almost impossible to find a place to play. We received a set as a wedding gift last year (it was on our registry), and we take it with us when we travel somewhere that we know we will have a flat space in which to play. I love the game - reminds me of childhood family get togethers.

SusieQT said...

My son collects those plaques that look like wood slices- I'll have to do a post on them sometime. Most are marked on the back from state parks and tourist stops. They're a pretty cool thing for a kid to collect!

Chickens in the Basement said...

I haven't been thrifting in weeks! I'm really missing my junk fix. What wonderful signs you got! Make sure you visit my blog. I need about 10 more minutes to get it up. I needed to grab your link but couldn't resist reading, too!
Anna

Followers

Blog Archive