About Me

My photo
Zootsuitmama was my shopname, but I closed it a while back. Now I have entered a magic timemachine and live in a time warp of vintage and retro ... Join me.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Barkcloth love









Barkcloth love. I don't know any retrophile who isn't Mad about these patterned beauties. Gaudy? Somewhat. Cool? Always. I think it takes me back to Aunt Ida's living room wallpapers. Whatever the reason, retro and vintage style is meant to be mixed and matched colorwise, and barkcloth just emphasizes this fact!

4 comments:

Jane said...

I am always on the lookout for barkcloth but anytime I see it it is out of my price range! You are right, it is always cool!!
Jane

★Carol★ said...

I'm crazy about barkcloth too! It reminds me of my Grandma's house, and I hope to one day have barkcloth on all of my windows!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Zootsuitmama said...

I only buy it when it's at the thrift store or a garage sale,...then I try to act cool until I get out of the store...then I squeal!

Amber Von Felts said...

I went to the yard sale of a lady who ran a company that handled the estate sales of other people. She had BOXES and BOXES of Barkcloth fabric. Was any of it cheap....no sir! She knew what she had. I'm sure she had been gleaning it from all the estate sales she ran! Poo on her for not sharing!

Followers

Blog Archive