About Me

My photo
Zootsuitmama was my shopname, but I closed it a while back. Now I have entered a magic timemachine and live in a time warp of vintage and retro ... Join me.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday -Yeah!!!

I thought I had better post something, so y'all wouldn't think I was dead! I'm in that Saturday morning limbo...wanting to accomplish a lot, yet not able to decide where to start. What I'd really like to do and what I will do are probably two very different scenarios. I love the weekends, just to be home with all my vintage stuff around me. I know that sounds very "surface" and "material" but it truly is my haven, and I feel good when surrounded by my home. Yet, one feeling I sometimes experience is, "all this stuff, and I'd like to go garage sale-ing or to the thrift stores. Why?" Well, it is my hobby. I don't think of myself as a hoarder, but then, don't go into my basement. I did close a shop, and neeeeeed to do something about selling a lot of it, but haven't heard from the flea market for a small booth. I will make myself face this issue within the next month, as I want it done before it gets cold again.I was reading Mary Deluxe's blog about paring down and little houses, and my house IS little...and thinking it would be a big relief to at least unload some things. But, on the other hand, this stuff tells my story! And, as I said, it makes me feel at home. I used to drink and drug, was obsessed with men and relationships and overall an unhealthy woman. That was 24 years ago, and my life has changed, but I still love my "stuff".I guess it's just kind of out of balance right now-I need to get back into dancing, maybe...find a relationship. But, all in all I feel good about my life.Any feedback out there???
Speaking of stuff, my best friend Merilee found these awesome Oriental blond coffee and end tables down at the Lake (Ozarks) at a garage sale. As you know, my living room is also dubbed the "opium den", so it will be a welcome addition.Needs a little clean up and it was well worth it! So me hear your opinion about this topic. I'll post some new finds later today...

7 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Until and unless you are happy being with yourself completely, I would not suggest a relationship. Not saying you are not, just some general sage advice. =)

As for collecting, forget what anyone else says. Have as much or little as YOU like.

LOVE the blond tables, been looking for a pair of two tiered blond night tables like my folks used to have. No luck so far.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love my stuff and it makes me happy. I am full to the brim but still want more. I agree it's my hobby and it's the thrill of the hunt. I wish I had another outlet for selling besides ETSY. I don't think I'm a hoarder but I do need to get more organized! Its healthier then drinking and drugging and probably healthier then most men.

ain't for city gals said...

I go through phases but all in all I have become very particular what I buy...I absolutely have to LOVE LOVE LOVE it or I don't buy it anymore...I don't just buy it because it is nice..I mean really...how many sets of dishes do you need...I know, I know...it is not the need. I have the room but sometimes I just want my life to take a different direction and not deal with "stuff" anymore...I want to travel (just camping and road trips)...and enjoy myself..not be tied down with too much stuff.

Zootsuitmama said...

Totally agree aint for city gals...I also want to do the little camper thing! I really like to sell things, but haven't become organized to do it after closing my shop, Linda. I am setting that goal, I think I was traumatized by having to close the shop, but it was too much. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, just a small booth. I found what you said 50's Atomic...to be true, which is why I haven't pursued a relationship for so long...It's taken a long time just to find out who I am, after sobriety. Getting my degree and being on my own for so long, raising my daughter, all have been incredible experiences.

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I agree if you enjoy collecting do it. I'm only paring down as it got very out of control, I still struggle to get rid of some of it though! And I try only to buy when I love or need something now. Although I do still struggle when I see something fabulous not to buy it even though we're broke!!

Good luck with getting a booth!

doradadama said...

its your thang do what you gotta do..if you love collecting do it its your passion..we are nothing without passion love...I have a loft full of collectibles,lol

Vintage Coconut said...

I love my stuff too! From big to small the vintage stuff I have accumalted whilt thrifting makes me smile.. all the way down to the tiny brass mouse. =D

Followers

Blog Archive