About Me

My photo
Zootsuitmama was my shopname, but I closed it a while back. Now I have entered a magic timemachine and live in a time warp of vintage and retro ... Join me.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Why I love Saturdays

I looked at the blogs that I follow, and figured out why I love Saturdays so much. Everyone posts their treasures from the weekend. Thrift stores, estate sales, whatever!Stuff just gets shared on the weekend. Alas, I don't have any pictures taken yet of all my finds. But BOY do I have something to show ya'll! I walked into Disabled Vets Store around 8:30 this evening on a "whim" (is there such a thing??) and spotted a long long couch sticking out from the other furniture.. It is brown with kinda curved teak-like legs. The arms "jut" out at an angle. I don't know if it's sixties or seventies. But, the tag said '60's style couch...I looked at the price. I thought it said 149.00, but NO. It said...are ya ready?? $14.95! I looked it over again and everything is in perfect shape except a small tear on the back, which is not a big deal. It's really amazing. I hurried up and paid for it, after the manager stated, "somebody must have changed the price!" and almost wouldn't sell it. I certainly didn't! but he finally said, "Well - just this time!" Now, where will I put it??? I'll just have to find a place, because I couldn't pass it up! My daughter would like it, but she's still living at home. Can't wait to post pix!!
I did find some of the plastic dishes my Grandma used to get at Krogers grocery store when I was a kid. An ice bucket in good shape!
and, more "animorphic fruit"..
Also, I got my pole lamp from my friend Merilee at the lake, and it looks awesome in the living room, which of course I cleaned and rearranged today...again.
Well, until tomorrow!! I just looked at the clock and it's almost 2am!!

9 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Wow! What a deal on the couch!

The closest I ever came to a great deal was a almost brand new set of 4 very sturdy lawn chairs I saw in a thrift. Now I don't normally look at "new" stuff, but a lady looked at the tag for a whole minute, then walked away.

Soooo because I am observant, I went and looked at the tag myself. It read:

One of 4 for $15

So they were charging $15 for all 4 chairs!!

They had made a mistake, they said it should have read $15 *each*, but after some debate at the counter, they HAD to honor their price (jeeez, their stuff is donated for crying out loud, stop trying to profit so much off of it!).

Oh and one more quick deal: A large vintage hand crochet rose afghan for only $9!

Oh and love the pole lame as always!!

Chickens in the Basement said...

2 AM! Oh my gosh! If I'm awake at that hour, there has to be a drama going on! I don't like dramas, hence, I'm rarely up at 2 AM. Logic, right?

Chickens in the Basement said...

I was so caught up in what time you went to bed, I forgot to tell you how much I like your pole lamp!

Vintage Christine said...

I'm with Miz Atomic Ranch on those greedy thrift stores--I realize they're making money for charity but what they're selling got DONATED. $149 for a couch with a tear in a thrift store is outrageous (but then again, $14.95 for a couch with a tear in a thrift store is a damn good deal!). Love all your other treasures and that pole lamp is really really really cool.

Zootsuitmama said...

Thanks guys! I stay up late on weekends! I just can't milk the time off enough. I feel like home is a distant memory sometimes, and make the most of it! ZSM

Amber Von Felts said...

The pole lamp is Sweet! Please show off your couch soon. My neighbor and I have been searching ruthlessly for a nice vintage or vintage lookin' sofa for her tiny apartment. They are hard to come by indeed!

Zootsuitmama said...

If my daughter doesn't want it I'll probably sell it! I'll post pix soon. Zootsuitmama

Retro Keith said...

I love your anthropomorphic stuff! I don't think i have ever seen the grapes and pineapple before!!!!!! I love it!

Vintage Coconut said...

Ahh I love your pole lamp, and it looks GREAT in your place!

Followers

Blog Archive