About Me

My photo
Zootsuitmama was my shopname, but I closed it a while back. Now I have entered a magic timemachine and live in a time warp of vintage and retro ... Join me.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thrift Scores: Zootsuitmama 3-Salvation Army-0

Ha! Just when I was about to give up on finding anything besides some Aunt Jemima bottles made into candle holders, there they were! Two Souvenier pillow covers in near perfect shape! Also, while perusing the reject Dollar store lace panels, I struck gold! Even if it's only one long barkcloth panel, the possibilities are endless with what one can do!Just wanted to brag, I mean share, my win over Salvation Army! Not bad for a quick Monday night run through!
Oh, and a PS on my Aunt Mary blog- This is the formica top to the card table I got from her. Never seen one like this! Very sixties.
Have a great Tuesday! Zootsuitmama

9 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Wow, great finds!!

Love the table, have never seen one like it either...

Mick said...

Fantastic! The pillows covers are great!

Mick said...

ZSM I know iv commented already BUT, I wanted to intorduce you to my friend Colleen. Shes a Crafty thrift loving girl and is currently re working her blog to be about sewing and crat and arts. I think you'd like some of her stuff! Go pay her a visit and Tell her I sent ya!

http://colleensworks.blogspot.com/2010/04/forgotten-stitch.html

Vintage Coconut said...

I adore the table *how sweet*

Zootsuitmama said...

Thanks everybody! Mick- I did check your friend's blog out and I am now following it! Thanks for turning me on to it.ZSM

Amber Von Felts said...

I love those souvenir pillow covers. Its a great way to live vicariously through other peoples vintage vacations!

Zootsuitmama said...

Thanks! I love the souvenier stuff too. Especially in the Summer-I may not be going those places on vacation, but "I can dream, can't I?" ZOotsuitmama

Unknown said...

Wow! My Puerto Rican Bride will flip when she see's that crazy Pillow Cover! Beautiful!!

Zootsuitmama said...

Really! Darrin, I bet I can come up with all kinds of retro Puerto Rican stuff around here! Thanks for stopping by!ZootSuitMama

Followers

Blog Archive