About Me

My photo
Zootsuitmama was my shopname, but I closed it a while back. Now I have entered a magic timemachine and live in a time warp of vintage and retro ... Join me.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Englewood Theater

This is the other theater we went to all my life. It's supposed to reopen soon. The interior was remodeled and patterned after the Radio City Music Hall, and it has a 50 ft. screen. The popcorn machine from the Ben Franklin is used here now. The Ben Franklin was next door..They were showing vintage movies, then new..I cannot wait til they reopen! The lamps in the lobby are all Moss. They are totally to die for!

2 comments:

Mick said...

Wow! I love movie theaters like this! We used to have one here in town but it was torn down in the 80's. However in Wichita Falls there is the "Wichita Theater and Opera house its 102 years old and Has just been restored!

Zootsuitmama said...

I'll bet that's really cool. What town are you in in Texas? I lived down by Galveston for a couple of years. ZSM

Followers

Blog Archive